HW CD Discography??

Douglas B. Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Sat Sep 16 18:06:01 EDT 1995

jef ("stretch") friedle at aol.com, who sold me my copy of Travellers Aid
Trust many years ago, writes:

>Does anyone out there have the necessary information handy, and the desire,
>to post a chronological listing for all of the cd's that have been released
>thus far, including cd singles? ... [snip]

This would seem to be the chronological order of recording dates (not
release dates).

* indicates a "major" release (i.e. an official album)
+ indicates a release compiling material from several lineups/recording dates.
        I've put them in sequence according to the last recorded HAWKWIND
        track on the release (ignoring solo recordings on the Friends &
        Relations series, for instance).

70 * Hawkwind
71 * In Search of Space
     Text Of Festival
72   Greasy Truckers / Glastonbury Fayre
   * Doremi Fasol Latido
     BBC Radio One In Concert
   * Space Ritual
     Space Ritual 2
   + Anthology vol.3
73   Bring Me the Head of Yuri Gagarin
74 * Hall of the Mountain Grill
   + Psychedelic Warlords (best of)
   + Masters of the Universe (UA)
   + Stasis
75 * Warrior on the Edge of Time
   + Hawkwind Zoo EP
76 * Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music
77 * Quark, Strangeness & Charm
   * PXR5
   + Anthology vol.2
     Sonic Assassins EP
78 + Friends & Relations vol.2
   * Hawklords 25 Years On
   + Spirit of the Age / Tales from Atomhenge
     Hawklords Live
   + Valium Ten/Motorhead EP
   + Friends & Relations vol.1
79 * Live 79
80 * Levitation
81 * Sonic Attack
   + Friends & Relations vol.3
82 * Church of Hawkwind
   * Choose Your Masques
   + Angels of Death
83 + Zones
84 * Night of the Hawk EP
   + This is Hawkwind Do Not Panic
85 + Anthology vol.1
   + Silver Machine EP
   * Chronicle of the Black Sword
86 * Live Chronicles
87 + Out and Intake
88   Travellers Aid Trust
   * Xenon Codex
     Bristol Custom Bike Show
89 + Palace Springs
90 * Space Bandits
     California Brainstorm
     Never Ending Story of the Psychedelic Warlords
92 * Electric Teepee
     Decide Your Future EP
93 * It Is the Business of the Future To Be Dangerous
     Spirit of the Age (solstice mixes) EP
94 * The Business Trip
     Quark, Strangeness & Charm EP
95 * Psychedelic Warlords / White Zone
     Alien EP
   * Area S.4

I guess this doesn't include any of the "compilations of compilations"
CD's, but those could be fit into the chronology depending on the sources
they were culled from - that should be easy enough to figure out by using
the codex.  Neither does it include bootlegs or the Weird tapes, since I
don't own any.  And technically, some of these were never CD's
individually, and have only shown up on the "comps of comps" referred to
above.

Still, this is (I hope) pretty close.  Any corrections are most welcome.
Is this what you're looking for, Jeff?

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com