BOC set changes

Joseph Brooks bpalace!jbrooks at CONNECTNET1.CONNECTNET.COM
Sun Sep 17 03:05:38 EDT 1995

On Sat 16-Sep-1995  3:40p, Rob Maerz wrote:

RM> The reason they play the "Big 3" is because some of the people in
RM> attendance only really wanna hear the big 3.  I think a variation of the

Ahhh, the operative phrase: "*some* of the people"

RM> Big
RM> 3 would be kewl, such as:
RM> Reaper performed ala The Red and The Black (Buck's
RM> side project) where Buck would play solo up until the guitar break in the
RM> song...this would fit in well w/ the "unplugged" In Thee...would love to
RM> see
RM> She's As Beautiful As A Foot done acoustic as well....

Yes.

RM> Godzilla - make it
RM> sure and sweet like SEE (that way they can fit an additional tune into the
RM> set), or bring back a 20 foot Zilla w/ laser beam eyes : P

I always thought the 20' (30'?) zilla was too much fluff. I did like Al's
zilla mask. Except for the bass solo, I'd still skip this song, at least most
of the time. Save it for breaking out in those 'special' moments. Lets move
the bass solo to another song... ETI perhaps?

RM> Burnin - play
RM> only up until the ending of the 1st chorus and then immediately cut into
RM> Still Burnin'...

Sounds good. I've still not heard "Still Burnin' " Where can I catch it? Is it
on a CD? I haven't bought anything since Imaginos because my religion frowns
on 'best of' albums. I am planning to fork over for WOTT though.

RM> they still seem to have some fun...I'd say that 1 out
RM> of the 5 shows I've been to this year seems like "they're goin' thru the
RM> motions"....

Well its been since... '93? but the last few times seemed that way to me. The
last time I saw them at a club called the Bacchanal in San Diego they seemed
like they were just in a hurry to get back on the road. I guess maybe its me,
at least in part.. Even with the superior sound of a smaller club venue, I
miss the excitment of a big arena show... go figure...

RM> JB> Man,
RM> JB> they ought to hire me as their manager :>

RM> OK manager, : P...how
RM> 'bout this for a setlist:

RM> Transmaniacon MC (opener)
RM> Career of Evil

RM> Dominance & Submission
RM> The Subhuman
RM> Take Me Away
RM> ETI

I'm with you so far...

RM> I'd Like To See You
RM> In Black

Another song I've not heard yet.. I'll leave it in just because at least its
new.

RM> Harvester of Eyes

My favorite! Lets make it a long sweaty one and add:

ME262
Flaming Telepaths
Astronomy
Stairway To the Stars>Before the Kiss>Born to Be Wild

[Break for 20 or so]

RM> "unplugged"
RM> In Thee
RM> Reaper
RM> She's As
RM> Beautiful As A Foot

I'd sub 'The Great Sun Jester' for 'Foot'.

RM> plug 'em back in....

RM> BlackBlade
RM> Lips In The Hills

Never liked 'Lips'... How about 'Baby Ice Dog'?

RM> Mistress of the Salmon Salt
RM> The Vigil

Yes! I've dreamed of hearing these two live! Especially 'Mistress'. If they
ever did it, I sure don't remember it.

RM> Burnin For You / Still Burnin'

RM> Godzilla

Ok, gotta please the FM fans I guess...

RM> encore:

RM> Golden Age of Leather

OD'd on Life

RM> 7 Screaming Dizbusters
RM> I'm On
RM> The Lamb But I Ain't No Sheep >intermixed with Red & Black

Heh... they'd need a good long rest after that one, eh?
I always enjoy a good 'Last Days of May' too but I guess I'll give ol' Buck a
break... :>

       |_||/          * jbrooks at bpalace.com                    Grateful BBS"