BOC set changes

ROBERT SEDLER robert.sedler at NOR.MKL.COM
Sun Sep 17 10:22:00 EDT 1995

Jean sez:

-> A NEW OPENER?
->
-> Which brings me to my next point; the opening number.  Wouldn't it be
-> great to hear R U Ready 2 Rock as a set opener from time to time??
-> Stairway has been used as the opener now since late 1989 or so.
-> Perhaps we should put our own set list and post it on the list for
-> further scrutiny?

I always thought a perfect opening number would be:

Golden Age of Leather

The stage is dark, and we can just kinda make out the boys onstage. From
out of the amps pours the opening Chorus part of "Leather". BOC concert
veterans know they are in for a great show, 1st timers pulses race as
the volume increases and they crane their necks to make out the boys up
there in the dark. When the last line of the chorus rings out......

*Pause*    for about 15 to 20 seconds as the crowd goes nutz expecting
the power of Golden age.

Then, without warning, on a volume of eleven, the lights come on all at
once and the boys scream into the first power chords of Golden age of
Leather.

Then they could break into Godzilla.
Use it to keep momentum going, and get it out of the way early.
That way, the hit chasers get to hear it, and the concert veterans don't
have to sit and dread it. Keep it short and sweet.

As far as the other 2 Hits of "the big 3", I'd still keep REAPER towards
the end. I still think this is a killer song. If history hadn't made it
such a biggie, I think people would like it more.

The other of the big 3 "Burnin' for you", would sound great ALL-Acoustc,
maybe slowed down a bit with a bluesy unplugged feel to it.

As for the rest of the show, as long as they included The Vigil, I
wouldn't give a wet slap what they played.

Torgo
robert.sedler at nor.mkl.com