Bad Gigs?

Rob S etlrbsy at ETLXDMX.ERICSSON.SE
Mon Sep 18 09:57:50 EDT 1995

> I was talking to one of my mate's flat mates whose a veteran of quite a
> number of HW gigs, both punter and support, and he was saying how he felt
> that HW tended to be rather hit or miss and that in his experiance it tended
> towards the miss side more oftern then not.  I could think of only one bad
> gig that I have seen (Hemmel Hempstead in 92ish) and that wasn't the bands
> fault.  Just wondered if anyone else had any views on this.

    Heresy!!! I was at Hemel Hempstead in '92 and seem to remember that
   being the only time I've heard them play Levitation live. No gig at
   which they play Levitation can possibly be bad.

    On the other hand, though, in about 30-odd HW gigs I don't think
   I've seen one bad gig. Two do come to mind as being bad experiences,
   Bristol Colston Hall in 92 where a dodgy trip and a half empty
   all-seater hall added to a bad atmosphere (for me), and Brixton
   Fridge in 94 where the band were excellent, but I came down ill.
   Neither of these were due to the band.

bye - rob