BOC: Memorabilia

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Mon Sep 18 07:59:58 EDT 1995

I was in a local record shop on Saturday and I came across a BOC booklet. It
looked like a tour guide though it didn't seem to mention any dates or
venues. It had biog stuff of the band, and mentioned _Spectres_ as being
recently released. It was marked at A$24.95, which I guess is about US$18.00
or UK12.00. I must confess to not looking at it all that closely, it's not
my sort of thing, but it did make me curious about BOC-Lers who are into
memorabilia. Is there much trade in BOC goodies and tidbits? Is this a fair
price for this book?

Coincidentally, I was playing my _OYFOOYK_ CD this morning before work and
while looking at the liner notes I noticed that Buck's name is spelt Rooser
in the band list. Is this a valid alternative spelling or a misprint? Is it
a collectable? I know that my brother-in-law, who is German, often uses _oe_
instead of _o_ with an umlaut (..) e.g. in his email address.

BTW, the shop is called Rockaway Records, which also has branches in
California and Arizona. I believe that the bloke here's brother runs one (or
both?) of the US shops, and he ships over a lot of vinyl etc by the
container load.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts.
Pete.
Peter Sondergeld
p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au