BOC: 9/23 show in OKC

Lester I. McCann mccann at AIX1.UCOK.EDU
Sat Sep 23 22:51:27 EDT 1995

Just got home from the show. The last time I saw them in Oklahoma City was
three years ago in a bar; this time they played outside at Frontier City (a
western-theme amusement park) with Nazareth opening for them.

They got started at 6:30 (no choice; the park closes a 8 on Saturdays this
time of year).  Here's the set list:

        Stairway to the Stars
        Dr. Music
        O.D.ed on Life
        E.T.I.
        Before the Kiss
        I'd Like to See You in Black
        Take Me Away
        Cities on Flame
        In Thee (w/ Allen on acoustic guitar)
        ME262
        Burnin' For You
        Godzilla
        Reaper

Encore: D&S
        Red & Black

That took them right to 8.  Eric and Buck came out afterwards for a few
seconds to sign autographs, but we got shooed away by security before they
could sign more than a couple.  I'm not sure who to blame
for the limited opportunity, but it was frustrating to be that close to
getting one and miss out.  Still, it was a great show; I thought this Reaper
was the best I'd heard live (this was my 6th BOC concert).  Here's hoping
that I don't have to wait three more years for #7!

--lester

P.S.  The Obligatory Next Album Date:  "Sometime next year," Eric said.  (Of
course, the box set got mentioned several times.)