HW: the weird tapes

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Sun Sep 24 04:29:49 EDT 1995

hi,

I'm right now into a serious sequence of listening through the Weird Tapes,
which I've bought just a few weeks ago. I'm quite surprised with the good
overall sound quality, I'd listen to the _Watchfield & Stonehenge_ boot -
which is a boot of Weird 103 - and that was Bootleg Quality. The Weird 103
sounded much better. The other live recordings is pretty good too. I'm also
happy with the tape covers...

now some questions:

1) does someone knows the story behind the - eh, pretty different - 'Slap it
on de Table' on just mentioned Weird 103 / W&S boot? (is it a studio freak
out?, it don't sounds too live to me...)

2) does someone know the release month of the Weird Tapes. This is all I
know (from BOC-l archive):

1980    Weird 101 - Sonic Assassins/ Dave Brock
1980    Weird 102 - Hawkwind (live) / Hawklords
1980    Weird 103 - Hawkwind (Free Festivals)
1981    Weird 104 - Hawklords Live =B478
1981    Weird 105A - Hawkwind 1976-77-78   (the withdrawn tape)
1981    Weird 105B - Hawkwind 1976/7
1982    Weird 106 - Hawkwind 1970-73
1982    Weird 107 - Dave Brock
1983    Weird 108 - Hawkwind 1966-73

\\joe
who's just had the Sunday Breakfast with my Family - tea, toast and weird
105 ;^)