HW: the weird tapes

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Mon Sep 25 14:13:15 EDT 1995

Allan T Grohe Jr writes:

> On Sun, 24 Sep 1995, Johan Edlundh wrote:
>
> > now some questions:
> >
> > 2) does someone know the release month of the Weird Tapes. This is all I
> > know (from BOC-l archive):
> >
> > 1981    Weird 105A - Hawkwind 1976-77-78   (the withdrawn tape)
> > 1981    Weird 105B - Hawkwind 1976/7

> What's the story behind this withdrawl of tape 105A?  I'm unfamiliar with
> it, and was unaware that there were different versions.

Brock withdrew it after a few had gone out and Cherry Hocking got complaints.

Cherry sent me both versions and I'd have to concur that the second was
better.

Weird 105 - Hawkwind 1976-77-78  [A]
        [this tape was withdrawn and the later one released instead]
        Flying Doctor
        Back on the Streets
        Paranoia
        Chronoglide Skyway