Off topic general radio question

BRIAN HALLIGAN halligbt at BIGVAX.ALFRED.EDU
Mon Sep 25 11:34:52 EDT 1995

        I'm doing a speech in my communications class about the differences
in radio between the '70s and '90s and how those differences were reflected
in the bands of the time.  Since I've only been alive since 1975, I was
wondering if some of the elder statemen on the list could provide me with
a definition of an Album Oriented Rock (AOR) station.  Did they actually
have the gall to play an occasional album all the way through ;)  Maybe
it meant that they played an assortment of songs from albums instead of
just the typical million-seller single?

Any information would be much appreciated!

Brian
<Halligbt at bigvax.alfred.edu>

P.S. Sorry if I offended any "mature listers" with my elder statesmen remark ;)