Off topic general radio question

Damon C Capehart dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Mon Sep 25 14:00:23 EDT 1995

On Mon, 25 Sep 1995, BRIAN HALLIGAN wrote:
>         I'm doing a speech in my communications class about the differences
> in radio between the '70s and '90s and how those differences were reflected
> in the bands of the time.  Since I've only been alive since 1975, I was
> wondering if some of the elder statemen on the list could provide me with
> a definition of an Album Oriented Rock (AOR) station.  Did they actually
> have the gall to play an occasional album all the way through ;)  Maybe
> it meant that they played an assortment of songs from albums instead of
> just the typical million-seller single?

Some of the people at the Nikwind show here in Dallas claim to remember
some AOR stations playing WotEoT all the way through w/out interruption.
As for today, we have a radio station (92.5 KZPS) which has a Midnight
Classic CD every weeknight... a whole classic album all the way through.
One good thing about living in Southern U.S.A. :)

Damon Capehart          | "Man, what a stupid .sig ..." -- You
dcapehar at utdallas.edu