BOC: 9/23 show in OKC

Rocker22 at AOL.COM Rocker22 at AOL.COM
Mon Sep 25 17:26:17 EDT 1995

Well, I went to the OKC show.  It was supposed to start at 6:00 PM.  It
actually started at 6:35 PM.  The park closes at 8:00 PM.  As a result, my
guess is that they had to drop a few songs from the set to finish by closing.
 After all, you wouldn't want to end the set at 8:00 and not have any time
for an encore.  That'd REALLY piss the crowd off!!

My favorite moment of the concert?  Towards the end of DFtR, when Buck is
going into his ending solo, he removes his hand from the guitar neck and
CHECKS HIS WATCH!!!  Trying to determine how long he can solo????  I saw him
do this and LAUGHED.  He cut the solo short and ended the set.  They came
back out for (as Eric put it) "a couple of fast ones" (D&S and TRatB) and
wrapped at 7:59.  An 85 minute show.  Quite a bit less that the 100+ minute
one at the Strand.

Good concert, although I MUCH preferred the one at the Strand in LA over
Labor Day weekend.  Much looser there.  As well as longer.

R.

BTW, the new drummer, John O'Rilley did very well.  Danny KICKED ASS on bass.
 A fun time.