HW: Lemmy Tracks?

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Wed Sep 27 16:51:05 EDT 1995

AB asks:

> > Is there any other suggestions where Lemmy is at his best?
>
> While your at it, can somebody suggest the best Motorhead cd to get if
> you've never heard Lemmy's work before.  Would appreciate it.

My favourites are:
(not in any particular order)

1-No sleep till Hammersmith (single live CD)
2-Another Perfect Day (warning:  melodic guitar lines!)
3-Orgasmatron
4-1916

2 & 4 have more of the mellower side of MH (if there is such a thing), and has
better overall songwriting IMHO than many MH albums, which often seem to be put
out in a hurry.  Orgasmatron (esp. side 2) is just great hard, driving,
balls-to-the-wall stuff, and No sleep till Hammersmith (my first exposure to
MH, back when it was a new release) is ground-breaking in its approach to
concepts of speed, volume, and what might be construed as 'singing'....a true
classic live album for all time....

Keith H.