BOC: workshop

Jason O'Broin jobroin at MADGE.CO.UK
Thu Sep 28 06:32:41 EDT 1995

> >* the B side of the 12" Burnin for You contained live versions of Dr Music
> and Flaming Telepaths, which were not on the set...
>
> Yeah, I thought ALL of the a-sides and b-sides were gonna be included.
> I recall also that there's a b-side of a live version of "Stairway to
> the Stars".  And - what about the promo-only live version of "Godzilla"
> (It's not Raymond Burr . . . as Eric says in the intro)?  And I believe
> that there is an extended version of "Shooting Shark" which could've
> been used.  Finally, there's the semi-acoustic version of "The Reaper",
> plus "Gamera is Missing" which are on the "Guitar for Practicing
> Musicians" CDs, which I believe Sony owned the rights to.  These all
> should've made the cut (again, probably needed that 3rd CD).

What I'd like to see is a Singles A&B collection like Simon Robinson did
for Deep Purple. The idea is to collect things like B sides and obscure
A side releases (particular the obscure versions that often go out in
far flung terratories - the piano version of Speed King springs to mind)
onto one volume. This was you have a logical set and people don't just buy
duplicates of stuff they already have.

The follow through is to do a decent anthology for the occasional BOC listener
or for your car which can be more detailed (ie. doesn't miss off Last Days of
May) without having to sacrafice space for obscure A/B sides. Again, Simon
Robinson's redone DP Anthology is an excellent collection in this respect.

Jason
--
       Jason O'Broin - Development Engineer, ATM Adapter Group
Madge Networks, Sefton Park, Bells Hill, Stoke Poges, Slough SL2 4JS. UK
 Phone +44 1494 541258 Email: jobroin at madge.com or jobroin at madge.co.uk
       - Can I have everything louder than everything else ? -