My expectations will melt, and then my wallet...

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Thu Sep 28 14:11:07 EDT 1995

Andrew Gilham wrote:

> I really don't think hardcore fans are the main market, for the obvious
> reasons: (a) they've already got all the material, and (b) there's not
> that many of them anyway.

I don't think *hardcore* fans are the main market either.  I think *fans*
are.  Maybe I'm just out of touch.  Perhaps there is actually a huge
market lurking out there for impulse buyers who'll snarf up product by
someone they only vaguely remember, or who have never heard of.  Perhaps
we are all sheep, and if Sony command us "thou shalt buy BOC" we defer to
their superior judgement and robotically rifle our wallets for the
requisite cash...

Cheers,

Paul.

obListening: Inner City Unit, "In the Mood (Nude)", _Maximum Effect_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.