Sky Cries Mary (was Re[2]: My expectations will melt)

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Fri Sep 29 04:20:20 EDT 1995

>        >Paul.
>
>        >obCD: Sky Cries Mary, _This Timeless Turning_
>
>        Anybody care to review the new Sky Cries Mary?  I saw "This
>        Timeless Turning" in the local store, but I was already buying more
>        than my limit -- had to pass.  Please compare it to "Return to
>        the Inner Experience", the only other release I am familiar with.

Well I haven't seen anything newer than This Timeless Turning around, but that
came out in 94 ish, so its hardly new.
If I had to choose between TTT & RttIE, I'd have to plum for the former. I
reckon the songs a just a little bit stronger, while it seems they were
finding their feet on Return... The lengthy '4.00am' I find tends to drag a
bit, but the tracks in the middle - 'These Old Bones' segued with 'Stretched'
and 'Scapegoat', 'Sister Ship 23' moving into 'Deep Sunless Sea' are
*excellent*.

You may want to pick up the 'Every Iceberg is Afire' EP as a taster if you're
not sure.

Tim