Sky Cries Mary

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Fri Sep 29 07:29:34 EDT 1995

Kevin Haskel Rubin writes:

> Just who are Sky Cries Mary?  I was at the Microsft Launch '95 last month,
> and there was only one person I saw who was scruffier looking than me (but
> far less nerdy) and his name badge said Sky Cries Mary on it in the Company
> field.  I don't remember what his name was on it.

Sky Cries Mary are an american psychedelic/space rock band (and quite
a tasty one, IMHO).

It may well have been someone from Sky Cries Mary you saw at the Microsoft
launch.  They certainly strike me as a band courting the use of new
technology (but quite how this fits in with Microsoft is beyond me >:-).
For example, they were the first band ever to do a live gig broadcast
over the Internet via the MBONE (which I missed, naturally :-().

I wonder if there is a QIC cartridge lying about somewhere with the
data of that gig on it...

Cheers,

Paul.

PS: They also have an MPEG video for "Every Iceberg Is Afire" on their
WWW site.

obBOC-L: We've had the Space Ritual, and the Earth Ritual.  C'mon
Hawkwind, now give us the CyberSpace Ritual (a live gig broadcast over
the Internet via the MBONE)...

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.