BOC: Memorabilia

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Fri Sep 29 03:21:41 EDT 1995

Perhaps it was my lack of manners in not offering to pick up the booklet on
someone's behalf, but I haven't seen any responses to my post on
memorabilia. I apologise if that's the case, and of course, if anyone wants
it, email me and we'll work something out. The price does sound high to me,
especially when I see that WOTT is retailing for around US$20. That's about
what we pay on average for a single new release CD (A$29) let alone a
double. Still waiting for WOTT's arrival DownUnder.
BTW, speaking of prices, from what I've seen of ticket prices in BOC-L
conversation, Oz must be a looong way away for touring bands )-: Top draw
overseas artists start at about A$60. Can anyone guess how jealous I am?
But it's not too far Al/Deb, and the weather's perfect, the beer's cold, and
the concert crowds are enthusiastic. (-;

Pete.

>I was in a local record shop on Saturday and I came across a BOC booklet. It
>looked like a tour guide though it didn't seem to mention any dates or
>venues. It had biog stuff of the band, and mentioned _Spectres_ as being
>recently released. It was marked at A$24.95, which I guess is about US$18.00
>or UK12.00. I must confess to not looking at it all that closely, it's not
>my sort of thing, but it did make me curious about BOC-Lers who are into
>memorabilia. Is there much trade in BOC goodies and tidbits? Is this a fair
>price for this book?
>
>Coincidentally, I was playing my _OYFOOYK_ CD this morning before work and
>while looking at the liner notes I noticed that Buck's name is spelt Rooser
>in the band list. Is this a valid alternative spelling or a misprint? Is it
>a collectable? I know that my brother-in-law, who is German, often uses _oe_
>instead of _o_ with an umlaut (..) e.g. in his email address.
>
>BTW, the shop is called Rockaway Records, which also has branches in
>California and Arizona. I believe that the bloke here's brother runs one (or
>both?) of the US shops, and he ships over a lot of vinyl etc by the
>container load.
>
>Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts.
>Pete.
>Peter Sondergeld
>p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au

Peter Sondergeld