HW Live Chronicles Video CD & BOC Workshop Box Set

Fri Sep 29 16:31:05 EDT 1995

My $0.02 on Rudy's question of what a BOC newbie should get is as AB
has said:  Get WOTT.  This will pretty much thoroughly indoctrinate you.
Some of its other advantages are that it is loaded with material from
their earliest albums, which delve most deeply into the various concepts
which their music explores, it gives you both studio and live cuts, and
there's some history with the liner notes (albeit some lies as Bolle has
pointed out -- I forgot about that and meant to update the FAQ on some of
that stuff -> since I got a copy of one of those Japanese shows from '78,
I *knew* that E. Bloom didn't do the whole concert in Japanese!  This
needs to be corrected in the FAQ - Bloom did do a spoken intro to
"Godzilla" in Japanese, and maybe said a few other things translating
to "hello", "thankyou", or "goodnight", but he certainly didn't sing
any Japanese lyrics.

But, unless you just can't fork over the $$ for WOTT (and if you're gonna
become a "hardcore" fan, be prepared to  ;-) ), then you could grab either
another compilation or one of their live albums if you find it in the
bargain bins.  But, don't make the mistake of forking over $10-15 for
something like *Career of Evil* when for a few bucks more you can get
*Workshop of the Telescopes*!

John