HW Discography Update; Lemmy & Ginger Baker

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Sat Sep 30 04:08:02 EDT 1995

>I may try and put together a Ginger Baker section for the discography,
>anybody else interested ??

Yes!
Make sure you don't miss 'Baker Gurwiz Army'...

A ' Solo projects & associated bands' section containing both Ginger Baker
and Lemmy's (among all others) complete works may go berzerk in size.
Maybe it's time to divide it into three or four pieces?

Mike, are your intention to have tracklists on all albums in this discography?
If so, tell me - and I'll see where I can help.

btw - got an obscure (?) boot with Motorhead, recorded live in Malung,
Sweden - a little village out in the deep forests of nowhere with about 3000
inhabitants, and the screaming crowd was circa 1000 - it's called _Titties
and Vodka_. I was there, but I only rememer Mosquitos and Vodka.
Has anybody with a little more knowledge about Motorhead heard of this boot?

I remember how Lemmy was interviewed by the local radio station before this
gig. As the radio man didn't know what the name " Motorhead" meant, he asked
Lemmy. Lemmy was inspired, and gave the radio listeners a lesson in what a
"speed freak" used to do... This was in a radio show for teenagers, and this
explanation was not what this radio man had expected. When Lemmy was
finished (after several minutes), the radio man had a short translation in
Swedish: (translated back to english by me)
"Drive your motorcycle very fast..."

>Cheers,
>Steve L.

\\joe