Off: Zelazny

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Mon Apr 1 11:32:54 EST 1996

>Andrew A. Apold writes:
>
>> >i just read that roger zelazny passed away last year. rj
>>
>> I heard a rumor that his son may continue the Amber series...
>
>The first Amber series or the crap one?

Speak for yourself, at first I didn't like the Merlin series as much, though
I still enjoyed it.  With successive readings, though, I have come to
appreciate it more, evenso, than much of the first series.  There is much
more subtle forces at work.  Yeah, it bogs down a bit in metaphysical
dream matters somewhat at times (especially Knight of Shadows), but
hey, I thought the last one of the first five, 'Courts of Chaos', was by far the
 worst of all ten books.  I've read them all at least a dozen times now.

If anyone is interested in a good source of info and/or background stuff
on Amber, I suggest Phage Press's two books, 'Amber DRPG' and
"Shadow Knight', though sourcebooks for a game they contain excellent
info and speculation (one section tries to convince us that Bill Roth was
really Eric (shapeshifting, to boot) all along, as a way to keep tabs on
Corwyn, and now using it to hold an influential position beyond suspicion...
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)