HW: remasters - WOW!

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Apr 1 11:54:37 EST 1996

Re: HotMG
> This is like a completly new album fantastic,  the "swirl" in D-rider is
> great, as is the cleaned up start to You'd Better Believe It, the guitar
> sound in Lost Johnny and Paradox is so strong.
> Give the Album 12/10.

        This is one of my favorite HW albums, though I haven't picked up
the remaster yet.  If I discover I have any money left though I will!

> >SR - how to turn a perfectly sane man into a gibbering wreck!
> >Very, very, very good :-) Definitely less murky.
>
> Yep the best just got better

        _SR_ is *awesome*.  I could no longer resist the terrible drive
to pick this up, and snagged it along with _Doremi_.  They did a good
job on _SR_, and no mistake.  Plus the packaging (fragile digipak aside)
is incredible.  Where did they dig up all the weird prose?  It wasn't in
the original as far as I know, though there are passages from the original
liner notes that _aren't_ here.  I think most of the old graphics made it
in, though original LPs are in the States and I can't compare them.  The
addition of the lyrics was a nice touch, though the inclusion of what I
assume are the lyrics for "Infinity" is strange, as is the inclusion of
embryonic/different lyrics for "Psychedelic Warlords (Disappear in Smoke)".
        Is this stuff from the tour program or something?
        The many excellent photos are nice too--the young Lemmy is quite
scary looking :) and Stacia ... err ... must be seen to be believed ...

        The extra tracks are nice, and pretty clean.  The "You Shouldn't
Do That" sounds good--much better than the _Roadhawks_/_Psychedelic
Warlords (Best Of)_ version, though I think it would have been interesting
if they had kept some of the dialog from the _Acid Daze_/_Anthology_
version.  The other two (Greasy Truckers?) are pretty clean vs. the
bootleg recording I have of them, that's for sure!
        I immediately tuned the Rick down half-a-step and started jamming
away :)

        _Doremi_ is quite good too.  I didn't use to listen to the One
Way version that much since it was kinda noisy, but that problem is a thing
of the past.  It's back in the regular rotation now!

        Oh, my poor, poor shrinking bank account! :P

Cheers,
Carl