HW: Over the Top; Kitchener.

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Apr 1 16:05:20 EST 1996

On Sat, 30 Mar 1996 HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM wrote:

> "Over The Top" - I know I'm missing something here - "Hey, Kitchener - don't
> you know that mustaches went out with the Beatles"?

Lord Kitchener is the guy on that famous (and much imitated) recruiting
poster; the one in which he points his finger directly at the viewer and
the slogan reads "Your Country Needs YOU" (also a line in the song).
Kitchener is strongly identified with the wars in the Sudan (19th c.), but
I think he also "took part" in WWI.  I guess I could try and look him up
in Comptons Interactive Encyclopaedia, or something.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.