HW: Remasters.

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Mon Apr 1 22:21:24 EST 1996

Paul Mather writes:

> On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Carl E. Anderson wrote:
>
> >         Less than they would be if they weren't priced so outrageously high!
> > If they were as cheap as the Castle remasters I'd have them all by now ...
>
> Can you define "outrageously high" for me, please?  I'm at the point where
> I want to get the remasters from the UK, but have no idea what the going
> rate for them is.  I'd like some idea, so I know what damage to expect.
>
> Last figure I heard was L12 (L9 ex-VAT, postage) for the single CDs, which
> doesn't sound "outrageously high" to me for a new CD release in the UK.
> Are people paying more than this, on average?  A poor Kollector's wallet
> would like to know. :-)

Dear Poor Kollector.....

First my sympathies!    Now the prices:   C&D (i.e. Andy Garibaldi who
is likely not to be overcharging I'd guess) are listing them at each CD
single 13.99 pounds (not including p&p or VAT) double CD (Space Ritual)
20.99 pounds and from what I've seen in the shops so far this is about
standard.

However Key Mail Order are advertising the single CDs at 12.99 pounds
(not including postage).   They are also advertising the 2CD Space
Ritual at this price but I'm doubtful - it's probably a misprint!
Tel:  0181 770 0900    Fax: 0181 770 0300

enjoy!

jill
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk