HW: what do they think they look like

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Apr 2 03:56:34 EST 1996

In message <199604020820.IAA03554 at neptune.shef.ac.uk>, Chris Bates
<C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK> writes
>:-) Looking at all the CDs I have to say that HW is the band you
>wouldn't want to have move in next door. These are some seriously
>dangerous looking individuals, and even by the standards of the
>'70s they had some of the WORST clothes that have been made since
>the middle ages!

While I don't disagree, but they still made them look *beautiful*.

>Lemmy famously said that if Motorhead moved in next door to you, your
>lawn would die, well if early HW moved in next door your wallpaper
>would fall off :-)

My old band did this all-dayer a few years ago with Culture Shock and
The Ozrics. I spent most of the day in a space-suit with a ballet dress
over the top. Perfectly normal attire for that sort of occasion I would
have thought. ;-)

I was a little surprised by some people's reactions like "'kin ell,
mate! What planet do you come from? " etc. from our usual audience.
(dreadlocked, combat-trousered, clummpy-booted festie-goers.)

Go figure!

--
Jon Browne