HW Cover Project: US postage, costs, etc.

Allan T Grohe Jr iscladoc at FALCON.CC.UKANS.EDU
Wed Apr 3 12:20:06 EST 1996

Hi all,

Postage for US Cover sets will be $3 for first class, $2.95 for parcel post,
so I expect to ship first class.  $1 for mailer.

However, we've hit a snag on costs:  I'm looking at 35 sets of 4 tapes,
before the 10 free sets for contributors, and, as the local market won't be
able to get me chrome tapes in sufficient quantity, I will order metal
tapes at the cost of chrome ones from J&R Music World.  So, I'll
go ahead an place an order for the tapes, but this will delay the sets
for probably another 2-3 weeks while J&R Music World ships them out.  Costs
for the tapes are:

        Sony SR 90s (metal)     1.80 each x2 = $3.60
        Sony SR 100s (metal)    2.20 each x1 = $2.20
        TDK MA-X60s (metal)     2.30 each x1 = $2.30
                                               -----
                                               $8.10
        Mailer + postage                        4.00

Thus costs look like $12.10.

However, if there's no strenuous objections, I'd like to increase that to
$15/set to help defray costs on the free sets to contributors: 35 sets x
$2.90 extra = $101.50, actual costs will be $121 less some tapes sent
that were not by any means all metal tapes.  I don't want to penalize
contributors who sent tapes that weren't metal if everyone else is
getting them too...

Reactions?

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe, Jr.                     RPG Writer/Reviewer.  Outer God.
iscladoc at falcon.cc.ukans.edu            Nomad of the Time Streams.  Poet.

Visit the Dreaming City: http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~iscladoc/imrryr.html

        "Farewell, friend.  I was a thousand times more evil than thou."
                        - Michael Moorcock, _Stormbringer_