HW: Assembled trivia -Reply

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Wed Apr 3 18:38:37 EST 1996

Carl E. Anderson writes:

> >> Calvert seemed to be a pretty weird bloke.
> >
> > One of my pals once phoned him to ask him something and ended up with a
> > two hour phone conversation about the First World War.
>
>         Didn't something like this happen the night before the "Over the Top"
> gig when one of the band when over to Calverts to try to convince him to
> rejoin and ended up in a bewildering conversation about WW1?  I recall
> reading they had no clue what Calvert was on about, but the chance to
> ramble about WW1 pleased Calvert so much that he did to the gig and the
> bizarre "Over the Top" resulted ...

and when he turned up at the gig nobody was expecting him and they'd
changed the set list so the intro he was expecting to turn into Master
of the Universe didn't and things got sorta confused after that!

jill

peeve> lunar eclipse tonight and another day of solid ten-tenths cloud
cover.  Where is there a "cloudbuster" when you need it - come back
Reich, I've forgiven you at least.

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk