Allentown PA

Thu Apr 4 08:37:28 EST 1996

Joseph Lofft comments on a recent BOC show . . .

>Bucks guitar hand no bottom end.

The last few times I've seen them, that's been the case (very trebly) -
I'd assume that it's the way Buck wants it, as oppossed to being mixed
badly.

>I would have liked to hear Telepaths,

They still do it regularly - you must've caught them on a night that they
decided to do something in it's place.

>Astronomy,

Also still done, although they seem to be doing "Last Days of May" instead
more these days -- they do one or the other (or sometimes "Veteran of the
Psychic Wars") as they feature an extended Buck solo during the song.

>and Perfect Water.

Keep dreaming - I don't think BOC has ever done this live, and if so,
probably only a few times between '85 and ''86

>I probably will get flammed for this but I
could also do without Buck's Boogie.

Well, to each his own.  This one's been fairly regular in the setlist over
the years - sometimes it goes away for awhile, but they always bring it
back.  I like it, especially when the band is really "on", but as with
most of the songs in the setlist, I'd prefer to hear either or new song,
or something they haven't done live before (or at least for a long time).

John