OFF: new spacey offerings from groovy/dub

Jerry Guizar jguizar at EPIX.NET
Thu Apr 4 16:08:27 EST 1996

In <Pine.SOL.3.91.960404113406.13987B-100000 at mallard.duc.auburn.edu>, on
04/04/96 at 12:00 PM,
   Michael P Mccollum <mccolmp at MAIL.AUBURN.EDU> said:

>recently i picked up two real cool albums from the radio station the
>first is:
> GROOVY -the rebith of retro cool

>this is really groovy to say the least is it a mix of space rock/ 70's
>funk and some disco but comes across as smooth as dark side of the moon
>i've listened to this a few times and it really takes you places. the
>dance influences make you wanna bounce around a bit.
>they are from austrailia and the main guy -dan burke is involved in a
>band called illusion of safety and another member thymme jones is in a
>progressive band called Cheer Accident? anyone ever heard of these they
>are on complacency label. if interested check their web site of the U.S.
>distributer extreme.
>http://www.xtr.com/extreme/

   I haven't heard of either of them, just got a Robert Rich CD today that
was put out on the extreme label. He's more ambient than anything else
though. Guess I'll have to see what else they have on the web page.

jguizar at epix.net