BOC: Doing without it.

Joseph Brooks jbrooks at CONNECTNET.COM
Fri Apr 5 20:58:19 EST 1996

At 03:08 PM 4/5/96 -0500, you wrote:
>A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, someone said THIS and lived to
>tell about it.............
>
>>I probably will get flammed for this but I could also do without Buck's
Boogie.

>BLASPHEMY!! For shame!! Just HOW can you.........

If he's talking about the studio version, I agree. It sounds very...,
homogenized. However, the live version (on OYFOOYK) is one of my favorites.
I can remember seeing them do it live like it was yesterday.

Question for all you BOC historians: Was Buck's Boogie one of the songs that
they did the 5 guitar bit on? I seem to recall that they did but my wife
says they only did that on COF. Did they do it only on a particular song or
did they do it on several different tunes? It was a long time ago and memory
gets hazy but I think they did it on a number of songs like ME262, COF,
Buck's Boogie, Born to be Wild (by the way, I can't stand the studio BTBW
either..)

>....actually I feel the same way. Bucks Boogie, for me, has always been kind
>of "just there". I've never been a big instrumental fan for the most part
>anyways. But the problem with Bucks Boogie is that it's....well.... it's a
>boogie! The few insrumentals I do really dig need more of a batman style
>"BIF! POW!" delivery, and Boogie just sorta boogies along at it's own pace.
>Plus the title sorta bugs me. I mean, yeah buck IS just a boogie'ing right
>along, but a name like "Gamera is Missing" is just cooler.

Boy, you guys got it all wrong [grin]. Next to the lyrics and Buck's guitar
work, the long drawn out jams were one of the things that I always loved
(and miss in the 90's) most about the band.

Of course, I also like the Grateful Dead, Phish and Blues Traveler and other
long jamming bands.. I have a tape of Phish with a 55 minute "Tweezer".

     _
  | | \   *jbrooks at connectnet.com                   | "So Ladies, Fish
  | | <   *http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/1154|  and Gentlemen,here's
|_| |_/   *WALSTIB / Keep our Internet free!        |  my angled dream..."