BOC: Lyric credits

Joseph Brooks jbrooks at CONNECTNET.COM
Sat Apr 6 02:21:03 EST 1996

At 12:37 PM 4/5/96 +0100, you wrote:
>> Hiya.. I have a question, possibly for Al if he's listening..
>> In the quote that I use in my sig (see below), if I were to attribute the
>> quote, what would be most correct; BOC? A. Bouchard? S. Perleman? (sp?) I
>> quote the line because I think its the best, most haunting line in any BOC
>> tune that I know of.. and it makes non-fans wonder about my sanity..
>
>        Just non-fans? ;)

Well, you got me there. Anyway, except for in here, 99% of people haven't
the slightest idea where the quote came from.

I actually had the following conversation: Co-Worker: "Whats that you're
singing?" Me: "Its Blue Oyster Cult" Co-Worker: "Isn't that that Japanese
band that did that Godzilla song?"

>        My educated guess is S. Pearlman.  I think he wrote most of the
>lyrics at the time, or at least was primarily responsible for the lyrics on
>songs with a credit to him.

As I wrote in another message.. Yup.. It says so right on the CD.. Coulda
saved myself some typing there..
     _
  | | \   *jbrooks at connectnet.com                   | "So Ladies, Fish
  | | <   *http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/1154|  and Gentlemen,here's
|_| |_/   *WALSTIB / Keep our Internet free!        |  my angled dream..."