Gong & the Ozrics

Rob Stuckey etlrbsy at ETLXDMX.ERICSSON.SE
Tue Apr 9 10:31:59 EDT 1996

   On the whole I was very dissapointed with the Gong/Ozrics gig in
  Bath on Saturday. The headlining bands and Porcupine Tree were
  great as always, but I found the rest of the line-up to be very
  dull after promising so much.
   Saddar Bazarre, Moonboot Oz and Gilli Smith/Steefi Sharpstrings
  were quite boring (IMHO). Here and Now were very middle of the road,
  I found it very difficult to find anything psychedelic in their
  music let alone proggy or spacey. I didn't even try to find out the
  names of the other bands.
   Porcupine Tree are gods and probably justified the ticket price
  by themselves.
   The Ozrics played a similar set to the usual, with the addition
  of a couple of tracks from "Become the Other" and a rather long
  jam at some point in the proceedings.
   I only saw 45 minutes of Gong, as I had to catch a train, but what
  I did see was excellent. A lot of people compare Gong to the Ozrics
  but played back to back I see little comparison. Gong are still very
  jazz based and both more subtle and ambient whilst the Ozrics are
  much louder and heavier.

    bye - Rob
Rob Stuckey                  | "The real lost souls don't wear their hair
Brighton                     | long and play guitars. They have crew cuts,
England                      | trained minds, sign on for research into
etlrbsy at etlxdmx.ericsson.se  | parents a moment's worry." - J.B.Priestly