BOC: bad master on Burning For You

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Tue Apr 9 01:35:47 EDT 1996

>I'm not sure what Jerry means about bad masters with "Cagey Cretins"
>and "Burnin' For You" - someone please elaborate (suffice to say, there's
>nothing about this in the FAQ).

OK, here we go. 'Cult Classic', Fragile Records CDFRL 003, "manufactured in
the EEC". Listen to 'Burning For You' (although the original release was
credited _Burnin'_) at 02:37. It's very clear, Buck is starting to sing the
second chorus, and he sings 'and I-I'm burning I'm burning I'm burning for
you'. First I thought there was something wrong with the disc, but two
friends of mine had the same problem on 02:37.

Only one of them has found the Burning For You CD single, so he has the
correct version on disc.

>As far as the red/green covers of "Secret Treaties" goes, this isn't in the
>FAQ, but I believe Bolle told me that the European release of ST has
>red lettering, vs the green that the U.S. releases have.  I believe that
>the audio is the same though (Bolle said the same masters were used for
>the European CDs as the U.S. - with the exception of "Club Ninja").

I'll find out what's wrong exactly with 'Secret Treaties'. I haven't got the
"incorrect" version.

>As far as Cult Classic being reissued, as was pointed out here a few
>weeks ago, it's under the title "Champions of Rock"
>It's a European release - might even be done by Sony.  I may try and pick
>up a copy just for collection purposes.
Please let us know when you have found out! :-)

Jerry