HW: Cover Project: US tapes: The End is Near (at last)

Jerry Guizar jguizar at EPIX.NET
Thu Apr 11 11:24:42 EDT 1996

In <Pine.OSF.3.91.960410170131.19633A-100000 at falcon.cc.ukans.edu>, on
04/10/96 at 05:16 PM,
   Allan T Grohe Jr <iscladoc at FALCON.CC.UKANS.EDU> said:

>If it sounds good to you all, I'll go with the XL2S's, for a total cost
>of:

>        tapes                   $6.10
>        postage/packing         $4.00 (that me, by USPS 1st class)
>        covering contributors   $1.50 (cost is for 7 sets:  I forgot that
>                                        Dave would be doing some of
>these)
>                                -----
>                               $11.60

>Reactions?  (Beyond the "let's get this show on the road" variety ;-)

   That sounds good to me. I haven't really compared any of the metal type
tapes not having a good system with that option for a while. I sent one of
the Sony SR 90's to either Joe or Mike. Don't know if they've used it yet.
Anyway, since most of my experience is with Type II (CrO2) tapes, I'll
accept the opinion of those who use the Type IV's.

jguizar at epix.net