HW: Oh no, it's Nik versus Dave!

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Thu Apr 11 12:28:00 EDT 1996

>But if you look at the lineup and listen to (Nik)(Hawk)Wind
>play:  they ARE the real Hawkwind in any sense of the word (except legally)

>Martyn

Only in the way that Pete Best is part of the real Beatles line up.    I'm a
fan of 79 and 85-90 era HW the most, and Nik and the rest of these guys
didn't play that much of a role.   For me, Huw, Dave, Harvey, Alan, and
Richard are HW.   The rest were good tries at the right line up.   I'm still
shocked to have found out HW toured in 91 without Dave.   That's when FoFP
should have started a riot.  Nikwind is a whole different critter, but I
haven't heard the sets from this tour.

Rudy