BOC: Champions of Rock CD

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Thu Apr 11 16:08:56 EDT 1996

>         I think we can safely say that by this Deb means "No." ;)
>         Truly the ways of the music industry are swamped with iniquity,
> to a degree that I don't think most fans have an awareness of (and judging
> my the usual comment of new members "Damn!  I didn't want to know that, but
> I guess I've learned something" they're probably happier if less wise that
> way ;)  this sort of thing, which is not exactly confined to Al & BOC.
>         Happy are the innocent (but damned are they if they wander into the
> music industry--damned is most of the music industry anyway ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Carl

Ignorance is bliss, but don't figure on it providing any immunity
from grief, tragedy, etc.  It's been tough coming to the realization
that my heroes have behaved like assholes, but it hasn't really
altered my opinion of them as musicians.  Just because people are
tremendously talented doesn't excuse them from the usual human
frailties, nor does it make their past recorded work any less
brilliant.  The way I see it, they're paying a Coleridgian price for
their treatment of Al, both in their careers, and in the esteem of
their fans...
theo