NIK: Japan?

Chris Baxley Chris_Baxley at SONYMUSIC.COM
Thu Apr 11 21:48:44 EDT 1996

Martyn writes:

>        Here we go again.  I don't want to start this thread of Nik vs
> Dave again.  But if you look at the lineup and listen to (Nik)(Hawk)Wind
> play:  they ARE the real Hawkwind in any sense of the word (except legally)

I agree completely.  When people ask me about the current status of Hawkwind, I
usually
explain that there are currently two versions floating around.
One version holds legal rights to the name and is led by a megalomaniac who has
alienated and/or fired all the people who helped create the HW phenomenon back
in the '70s. The other version, which actually includes original members, as
well as twisted/psyche
pioneer Helios Creed (though not recently), is led by a colorful freak who has
at least tried to maintain what is, for me, the band's defining attributes:
quasi-cosmic space conciousness, anarchy, and a surreal sense of humor.
 I still think "Watching the grass grow" is a better song than anything Brock
or his boys have come up with in the past 15 years!

These are just opinions - pls don't slam me...

Chris