HW: SR remastered

Duane Hoyt aa5287 at FREENET.LORAIN.OBERLIN.EDU
Fri Apr 12 06:54:57 EDT 1996

Hello Hawkfreinds,

I was sitting here watching the grass grow, and decided it's time to move to
greener pastures.

I have a question to pose to all SR era fans of HW.
Many believe this was the defining sound of the band, and consider this
to be the ultimate live album. If someone were to have asked me how to
make these songs better (not the recording technology, the songs themselves)
before the remasters came out, I would have said "There is nothing you could
add to the band or music to improve it."
But after listening to the remasters, something occurs to me.
With all that full synth, hard driving bass, screaming "wah-wah" guitar,
I find the drums lacking the full sound of the rest of the band. It is
too simple of a sound for the rest of the busy music going on around it.
I believe SR could have been better if HW would have used 2 drummers playing
at the same time, much like the Allman Bros. do.
SO this I ask, agree, or disagree?
What if anything would you do to improve SR era HW if you could go back
in time and make a change.(Besides firing Doug permanently)

Have a good one,
Duane

--
"There's a Starman waiting in the sky,