HW: SR question

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Fri Apr 12 07:36:56 EDT 1996

On Fri, 12 Apr 1996, Duane Hoyt wrote:

> Question regarding a reference in the lyrics to 7 by 7.
[...]
> Also, I seem to recall credit for this song going to Brock/Macmanus
> but in looking back over the vinyl credits and the remasters credits, this
> name does not appear. Was this name ever mentioned, or did I imagine it
> while in a alternative state of mind?

Macmanus is a Brock pseudonym, used to obtain money from an otherwise
unforthcoming Doug Smith et al.  It is explained in the Hawkwind bio _Do
Not Panic_.  (Was it the name of Brock's girlfriend?)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Jeff Healey Band, _Cover to Cover_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.