HW: Brock and Davey are it

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Fri Apr 12 12:11:35 EDT 1996

Most of Chuck's comments deleted because I agree with almost all of them....

except....
>  I don't recall where I heard it, but he (Brock) has been called "the
>  heaviest rhythm guitar player on the planet" (in space too?).

I believe that this award should go to Roger Taylor of Queen actually, which is
ironic since he's actually known as a drummer....and maybe that's the reason -
because he plays the guitar with a drummer's m.o.  And like Brock, his work in
recent years is quite sporadic in nature and quality, but I still go out of my
way to pick up all new releases because I know that here and there you will
still find brilliance in either's work....HW moreso, I think.

Anyone who's heard the final 5 seconds or so of The Cross' (Roger's Taylor's
other band) 'Rough Justice' knows what real heavy rhythm guitar sounds like.
This has got to be the heaviest clip of music in all of rock history I believe.

Keith H.