HW: Oh no, it's Nik versus Dave!

Lurking Girl tori at PANIX.COM
Fri Apr 12 13:04:18 EDT 1996

Someone who's in a lot of trouble wrote:

> Martyn White writes:
> >
> >         Lest we forget, Steve, you turned down my invitation to
> > come and see them in Chapel Hill and you was only as far away as
> > Raleigh... something about a girlfriend I seem to remember (when
> > will you get your priorities right? ;-)

!!!!  *froth*

> Shhhhh.  She's listening.  If she finds out I didn't take her to see
> Nikwind, she'll pour boiling water over my head.

Don't you even think of coming home tonight, mister.  Unless you've got a
suitable peace offering in your grubby little mitts...like, say, the HW
remasters.  All of 'em.

> >         Ah well at least you came to Greenville to see that other
> > band .. what are they called  ...  something to do with seafood I think
>
> Some golden oldie band.  Say, isn't it like the 10th anniversary of
> their last album?  Should we have a party?

I think a wake would be more appropriate, no?

ObTopicality: *I* thought Nikwind sounded more like HW than Brock et al
(with the exception of Hassan i Sabha).  Certainly they did the first time
they came to the Slimelight...when I knew too few of the songs to
properly appreciate what I was hearing. :(  Lots more from HotMG though. :)

   Victoria C. Fike * tori at panix.com * http://www.panix.com/~tori
  Lurking Girl of the LNH * Imperatrix Ludorum * vf at panix.com, too
 "Commit a little mortal sin, it's good for the soul."  -J. Buffett
ObCivilDisobedience:  Fuck the CDA and the shitheads that passed it!