HW: Brock and Davey are it (was: That HW Sound)

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Apr 12 14:59:55 EDT 1996

>        Alan's bass playing has definitely evolved into a more significant
>        influence on the HW sound than either Harvey or Dave Anderson or
>        Adrian Shaw or any other former HW-bass except Lemmy himslf.  And
>        with Brock's simi-withdrawal from full-on rhythm guitar in favor
>        of synths in recent years, Alan's contribution to the "rock" part
>        of the HW sound has increased even further.

        Well, let's also recall that what is the most Hawkwind-like
song on _Alien 4_ (despite the silly vocals from Ron)?  "Sputnik Stan".
Composed by?  Alan Davey.
        Yes he's definately the man for HW on bass without Lemmy there.
Anyone who can suss out the essence of Hawkwind sufficiently to turn
out a great track like _Sputnik_ deserves major kudos.

        Now I await an eventual Brock/Davey rock-out extraveganza!
        (Yeah, right!  But here's hoping ...)

Cheers,
Carl