HW: Hall of the Mountain Grill

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Sat Apr 13 13:04:31 EDT 1996

> >> You realise that if they release HotMG today, people would complain
> >> about the wishy-washy ambience of "Wind Of Change", the silly/experimental
> >> pieces on side 2 that are totally out of place, and the track that's just
> >> an ego-trip by the bass-player which sounds nothing like the others. :-)
>
> I actually have hazy memories of these very complaints when _Grill_ did come
> out!

        It's a point I'm really of two minds on.  On one hand I appreciate
the blending of cool ambienty spacey things and crunching rock as seen
on _HotMG_.  Intellectually, I'm really into it.  However on the gut
level the unspeakable raw power in _Space Ritual_ bowls me over.
        And basically there's lots of ambienty spacey things in contemp
HW, but they could do with a dose of unspeakable raw power!

> ObCD - In Search of Space remastered!  "7 by 7" yeah!!

        Today it was nice and sunny so I opened my windows and played
Space Ritual and Doremi all afternoon :)

Cheers,
Carl