HW: Are these reasonable?

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Sun Apr 14 21:33:12 EDT 1996

Bernhard Pospiech writes:

> Hello Duane
>
> Here are some hints
>
> >PXR5 - Charisma: $17.99
> Price is OK, maybe a bit to expensive

Also check whether the plug is on the back cover.   There are three
types of cover 1) wrongly wired plug 2) plug covered by a red sticker
saying "do not remove" (this version is fairly rare now) 3) no plug at
all - this was the re-issue of the cover after all the controversy and
*should* therefore be the most common of the three versions.

The original issue also had the option of picking up the first Pete
Frame Hawkwind family tree as a poster but any originals of these have
long, long vanished I fear since I've never seen one.   You can buy the
book of family trees tho' now - which is thoroughly entertaining.

> >Hawkwind Zoo - Flicknife: $12.99
> BUY IT!!!
>
> >Levitation - EMI: $16.99
> If it is the blue vinyl: BUY IT
>

> >Roadhawks - EMI: $19.99
> Price is OK. (with poster ??)

hmmm - around 14.00 pounds?   I'd say you needed the poster along with
this to make it worthwhile at that price.    Still, it is the only early
album not to be on CD (and never to be if I remember Brock's comments
from somewhere or another about this possibility).

> >Space Ritual - UA: $16.99
> Very cheap!! BUY IT

Is this the original version with the fold out cover and psychedelic
orange and yellow inner sleeves?

> >Quark, Strangeness, and Charm - Charisma: $22.99
> If there are no slides, it is too expensive

Yeah - definitely agree!

> >Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music - Charisma: $29.99
> Only if it is with inner sleeve, buy it!
>

> >This is Hawkwind, Do Not Panic - Flicknife: $24.99
> To expensive if no foldout cover and poster

I think this also came out in two colours - purple and gold (for the
gatefold) and purple and red with the poster - but I can't be sure 'cos
I haven't got the poster  8-(

> >He also has the book by Kris Tait for $20, a purple lyrics book with a
> >pyramid on the front, I think for $20 also

Definitely!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk