HW: They did what!?!

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Apr 15 10:08:27 EDT 1996

> > I take back everything I said, no self respecting Hawkwind would tamper with
> > "Hassan I Sabha" by inserting some ambient piece right into the middle of
> > it.  Dave has strayed from the path and should be debrocked and maybe
>
> Actually I think this is one of the very best segues they've ever done -
> in a good live performance they can make Hassan I Sahba sound really
> menacing, introduce the quieter Arabic sounds of Space is their
> Palestine (which complements it in both content and style) together with
> some dreamy synth sounds and then swing back to the aggression of
> Hassan I Sahba.     The contrast usually works extremely well.

        It failed grossly at the NYC show last spring, but at the next show
in New Haven it worked just fine.  "Hassan I Sabha" swirled down into a
brooding "Space Is Their Palestine" and the came boiling and snarling back
up.  I didn't think it would work, having seen it fail in NYC, but it did.

Cheers,
Carl