HW:More Assembled Trivia

John McIntyre MCINTYRE at PA.MSU.EDU
Mon Apr 15 13:03:28 EDT 1996

>From: Keith A Henderson <khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU>

> ---------
>> *Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music*
>
>> The Aubergine that ate Rangoon
>
>First off...Burma is now Myanmar, I think.  Secondly, I seem to have a vague
>remembrance of this being a take-off of a campy sci-fi thing (movie perhaps??)
>entitled 'The Eggplant that ate Calcutta'.  And then that the word 'aubergine'
>is French for eggplant.  I'm sorry, this may be completely inaccurate - does
>this ring a bell with anyone???

There was a novelty song in the late sixties or early seventies entitled
"The Eggplant That Ate Chicago".  Don't know if that was the origin or
merely another follow-up.  Not sure on the name of the band: Paper Lace?
Or were they the ones responsible for "The Night Chicago Died"?

I think I remember the song as being similar in style to the New Vaudville
Band's "Winchester Cathedral".

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept
Michigan State University