HW:More Assembled Trivia

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Apr 15 13:08:02 EDT 1996

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996, Assassin Sonique wrote:

> On 15 Apr 96 Keith A Henderson wrote about Re: HW:More Assembled
> Trivia:
>
> > > The Aubergine that ate Rangoon
> > >
> > > Rangoon is the capital of Burma
> >
> > First off...Burma is now Myanmar, I think.  Secondly, I seem to have a vague
> > remembrance of this being a take-off of a campy sci-fi thing (movie perhaps??)
> > entitled 'The Eggplant that ate Calcutta'.
>
> Yeah .. that rings a bell!

Close, but no cigar.  You're thinking of the cheesy song, "The Eggplant
that Ate Chicago."  (I don't know who did it, but you could probably find
out by looking at the track list of any of those Dr. Demento collections.)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Elmore James, _King of the Slide Guitar: Disc 1_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.