OFF: insurance for CDs and/or tapes ?

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Wed Apr 17 10:36:16 EDT 1996

>       My question is, does anyone here (particularly USA) have any
>       experience with insuring music collections?

Strange stories... It's just one of the things you do. I got a house of my
own, the first thing I did was insuring the lot I stuffed into it, including
records, CDs and (live) tapes. Same insurance as for furniture. If part of it
gets stolen or burnt or blown away by a hurricane (extremely rare here in
Holland) (part of the furniture of all of my CDs - all the same), insurance
pays.
I know there are special insurances for special collections, but that's not
necessary (for me). Don't know anyone who has that.
Well, this is the case for Holland. Dunno about other countries.

>       Captain Cloud

Jerry