BRAIN: Review of *Trepanation*

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Wed Apr 17 15:27:00 EDT 1996

> Most of the latter examples are due to Frost's truly unique voice and
unbelievable >range.  She moves from metal goddess to no-nonsense
blues/rocker to flat-out >punk wailer. her vocals propel otherwise average
tunes to new heights.

I alluded to much the same after seeing them last December.   Comparing the
CD to the gig, I'd say that live is where Deb can really strut her stuff.
 Plus there is an interplay with Al that is far less noticeable on record,
but really great live.   Nobody growls like Al.  Not even Deb's friend
Robert (with the prompters).

>as long as Frost is singing, I'm listening.

If you get the chance, LIVE is the way to listen to them at their best.

Rudy