BRAIN: Review of *Trepanation*

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Apr 17 18:54:16 EDT 1996

> And to top it off, I personally think that it's about high time to
> drop the BOC tunes that they finish every show with.  They're pushing
> out Brain Surgeons tunes that I'd rather hear than *another* "Red and
> the Black".

        I've obviously missed the beginning of this thread--it will
undoubtedly show up in my mailbox in a month (as seems to happen randomly
with boc-l posts on occasion).
        I'd concur, though I expect the BOC material is still a good hook
for people going to the shows who are less familiar with tBS than the fans
on this list perforce are.
        I too, could live without "TR&TB" as often, though there are some
BOC songs that are still definately worth tBS outing too--I'd love to hear
some versions of the Imaginos material, which are very strong songs that
are getting foolishly ignored by BOC.  And frankly tBS can trot out their
rendition of "Baby Ice Dog" as heard on _Carreer of Christmas_ whenever they
like.  That was great, and utterly knocks the original down.
        But "TR&TB", fine song though it is, won't touch my well-known
favorite ;) "Time Is Gonna Take Care of You" (or whatever the official
title is).  Plus, 3OC plays it a lot and I'd be much happier hearing
tBS cover "lost" BOC material (like "Death Valley Nights" etc., as well
as unreleased tracks).

        I await the new album for a riff-pounder that will displace
"Time" as my gut-level favorite :)  Complete with patented Frost
Howls O' Chaos:  ("Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmme is gona take care of
Yooooooooouuuuuuuuuu!  [snarl snarl] :)

Cheers,
Carl