HW: I Talk to Planets, baby

Kevin Haskel Rubin gnome at TELEPORT.COM
Wed Apr 17 19:54:08 EDT 1996

>        Just a small mention, but in the May 1996 issue of 'Multimedia
>        World' magazine there is a brief review of Monster Magnet's "I Talk
>        to Planets" CD-ROM.  The first sentence is:
>        "Monster Magnet's I TALK TO PLANETS plays with space themes (must
>        be the __Hawkwind__ influence), offering videos, interviews, and a
>        cute Asteroids-esque game."
>
>        (I saw a copy of ITTP at Best Buy for $16.99 it was, I think.)

I picked it up a few months ago.  It's okay.  I haven't actually had a
chance to use it with sound, since my MDI 4x drives (Toshiba OEM) at home
(nor at work for that matter) will recognize it.  I've played some with it
on my Sony 4x drive at work, where I don't have a sound card and it's really
spacey and trippy.

If you have older CD-ROM drives, definitely don't get it, since they won't
recognize the CD Plus format.  Most newer ones should work okay.

-kevin

--
Kevin Rubin aka 3999RK60 RU5M7I              Co-Op Network Operations Manager
gnome at teleport.com         Oregon Coast Rural Information Service Cooperative